29 November 2008

Letters to a Faceless Audience

Dear 1,
Your inability to understand the female of the species infuriates me.

Dear 2,
Your adeptness at understanding the female of the species infuriates me.

Dear 3,
I used to understand how this game worked. I really did, that is, untill you wandered through my life. I'm too forward. I'm not forward enough. You want too much. You don't want enough. You laugh, I laugh. You laugh, I cry. Never have so many emotions been conveyed in a look without a message to go with them.

Dear 4,
I miss you...terribly.

Dear 5,
Your happiness means the world to me because you spread around so much without being asked to.

Dear 1,
You are one of the most brilliant people I've ever met...sometimes, however, I think you don't have a clue.

Dear 6,
You are very far away. I wish it wasn't so. Our times spent together brought me a great deal of joy. We need more times.

Dear 3,
It creates so much more of an attachment than you could possibly realize.

Dear 2,
You are far too perceptive.

Dear 7,
April is not nearly soon enough.

Dear 1,
Perhaps I haven't given you a clue.

Dear 5,
You always know the best way to cheer me up.

Dear 8,
You know way too much. Luckily, you don't seem inclined to use such knowledge for malice.

Dear 9,
Congratulations.

Dear 3,
I wish the times I spent around you weren't consistently practices in ineptitude. Either that, or I wish my inteptitudes were somehow endearing.

Dear 7,
I was never angry at you. I doubt I ever will be.

Dear 9,
I was in fact angry at you...without cause or reason. I wish you could forgive me. I wish we talked.

Dear 3,
Make up your mind.

Dear 4,
Habits die hard, especially when I don't want them to die.

Dear 10,
This was your idea. It helped...a lot. You're an incredible friend and a great advisor. Thank you.

Dear 1-10,
I love you.

2 comments:

Liquid Wolf said...

Alright, was I 3 or 5?

Or perhaps I was none and this exercise was just to get individuals to try and think of how they look to you...

Well played...

WELL PLAYED!!!

stephanie said...

Every point could be a different person or it could all be the same person really. The point of the exercise is to put thoughts down on paper so they're not rattling around in my brain any longer. In response to your theory, however, I suppose any blog post could be conceived as a way to get individuals to try to figure how they look to you. The same with any interaction with another being, in fact. Nature of the human race, it seems. Or I could just be rambling; your choice.